Sunday, August 2, 2015

The "Rock House"

Years ago, when I was very young, an important part of my childhood memories include a little "Rock House" out in the woods near the family farm. This was before video and computer games and we used our imagination and could play for hours in this little grove made up of rocks that looked like furniture in a house. We had a refrigerator, couch, TV, beds, chairs and even a piano!! I am so happy to still have access to the farm and this special place. My kids have seen it but I didn't know if they remembered it. Yesterday, we were able to go through the woods and find it. They loved "seeing" each thing I remember "seeing" in the rocks. Of course, the piano was the biggest hit. So thankful for little, happy memories.

Laurel and her doll "Sarah" playing the "piano"

 
Noah hanging out reading on the "Couch"

2 comments:

JennyJohnson said...

So wish there were a way to "dig this all up" and move it to where we live here. But when a place is nested in memory, we're good.

web development with wordpress said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.