Thursday, June 7, 2012

About Turkeys....

                                                                BABY DUNCAN
                                       LAUREL ENTERTAINING DUNCAN (BRIEFLY)
 Candeling the Turkey Egg..... you can see the baby moving in there!!!!!
                                                       Mini Homeschool Lesson
So, I should have known. As soon as I wrote the last post on a restful catchup, the bottom kind of fell out around here. Things have been crazy, busy but the Lord has taught me a valuable lesson about Him giving me rest. If I have heard in my brain "Be still and know that I am God" once I've heard it a thousand times this week! God is good ALL the time. 
Anyway, Laurel is all set for her surgery on the 21st, colors picked out and everything! I am asking for your prayers for the surgery because it is definately not a sure thing. The concensus from all of the professionals is that it will help her. However, no one knows because of her Auditory Neuropathy with complicates matters. Our God knows the outcome so I pray for peace in whatever that is. 
So, about the Turkeys.... Rach has come into so turkey eggs and of course, us being the bleeding hearts that we are, are determined to try and hatch them. Rach has done the hard work with the incubator until now and I'll take over when they are hatched. It's been neat for the kids to have aunt Rach show them how to candle them so you can see the babies inside the eggs. It's so cool to watch them move.
Vacation is coming up!! Can't wait  to see Noah & Laurel have so much fun!


2 Quotes of the Week:
1. Laurel and her cousin Eliza were pretending to plant a garden in the dirt. Laurel brings me her big box of dirt with sticks stuck in it and says "Look Mommy, a Kindergarden!!" :)
2. Noah anticipating the upcoming vacation.... "Mommy, I don't like a few days because the nights are so long"

No comments: