Friday, January 18, 2013

Missing Maw Maw

"WALKIN' WITH JESUS".... that's the text I got from Mike telling me his Grandma, "Ma", had just passed away.
It has been a tough journey. The family chose to care for her at home and with that comes special challenges but ones I know to them and to her were worth it.
She loved to sing! She loved to dance and to make her great grandbabies dance! She loved Jesus and didn't care who knew it! She appreciated the "finer" things in life.... nothing cheap for her thank you ;) She had great taste!
She was a fabulous cook!

When I told Noah and Laurel she was in heaven, Noah said " Oh Mommy, God just gave her a new body!". Laurel said "I'm so excited...she gets to see Jesus." Oh that childlike faith we should all have!!
I knew it would sink in eventually though and it did last night for Noah after gathering with all the family and Ma not being there. He told me he was feeling anxious. Finally it came out that he was sad he wouldn't see Ma in her house anymore but made sure he told me his tears were "happy tears" for her. My sweet, gentle son.
Last night we bought them Bibles because Noah is reading and Laurel will be hopefully soon. Noah wanted to go to bed with his Bible and a flashilight. This morning, first thing, he jumped out of bed and brought me his Bible. He told me he wasn't sad anymore because of a verse that he found..... WHAT??!!! He's 6, I thought!!

So.... here is the verse that my 6 year old told me the Lord had showed him to heal his heart.....

"You changed my sorrow into dancing. You took away my rough cloth,which shows sadness, and clothed me in happines."
"I will sing to you and not be silent. Lord, my God, I will praise you forever."
Psalm 30:11,12

And a little child shall lead them....

3 comments:

Diana said...

Oh, Martha. What great years lie ahead with your little ones! Thank you for posting that!

JennyJohnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Praises be to the One who is all and knows all and does all things right. Ms. Ruth is truly with Jesus.
Her great grandchildren are learning the ways of the Savior.
Granny