Monday, February 16, 2009

Extreme Makeover


Just so you know.... I'm pretty sure I have the best Daddy in the world. In December a neighbor of our church had a huge junk pile out beside the road. Well, being the junk freak that I am, ( and with the help of some teens from church) I proceeded to raid this wonderful heap of junk. Yes ,Yes ,I got permission from the man first. I rescued two pieces of furniture One of those is featured in the pictures above. The first picture is of the 1800's buffet BEFORE my talented father got a hold of it. The second picture is the AFTER that I just moved into my kitchen. I know it's amazing isn't it!!?? I just love it. I love the story I'll be able to tell of this awful, thrown away piece of junk that was rescued and lovingly restored by my Daddy. Aren't Daddys great? Kind of reminds me of what Jesus does to our lives when we surrender to him. He can still use us no matter how broken and ugly we are.

4 comments:

Carroll said...

[picks jaw up off the floor]

[picks jaw up off the floor again]

[wipes drool]

wow! Doesn't he want to adopt me???

Rachael said...

I love the spot on the top where generations of people have braced their hands to pull out the drawer. I can't believe how worn that part is. It's so cool!!

p.s- I'm decorating my house with Daddy redone stuff too!

kareng said...

I love how it is Feb, and done already! Looks beautiful!

Lydia said...

Oh, Marth! I love it!!!! I still haven't redone the piece we got at church:)