Saturday, July 31, 2010

E-I-E-I-O

Farmer John & Rach
This week we traveled to see my Grandmother

Hanging out the clothes


My Grandmother's blue bottles


John's cows

Miss Priss's first time in the creek
Noah loving the water

Amazing something so pretty can grow out of cow poop!

Preparing the picnic basket


We've had a busy but good week this week. We took a trip to see my Grandmother and the babies did great. Usually it is tough on them with the 2 hr. drive but they were so good this time. My Great Aunt who is 90 is going through some life changes and my mom has really been trying to help thing go as smoothly as possible for her..... so I thought I'd throw in 2 toddlers for an event filled trip. They really were good though....really. Wednesday pm we had a potluck/cookout with our small group at Katie & Justin's beautiful house on the lake. It is so pretty and peaceful there and we loved fellowshiping with our church friends.
Friday night we had a surprise party for "Uncle" Jimmy. It had been in the works quite a while and there were about 30 people there. We had a fun, laughter filled evening.
Sat. am, Uncle John & Aunt Rach invited us and Jimmy's brother Jason & his son Hayden on a hayride. I packed a picnic of PB&J sandwiches and off we went. We took a ride through the quarry, which is amazing, and then through the pastures to the creek. The kids (and adults) loved playing in the creek.....except for Rachael who may or may not have stepped on the Loch Ness Monster. Everyone was hungry afterward so we had a delightful picnic. Thank you guys for a WONDERFUL morning!









3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the pictures. Looks like you guys had a blast :)

Carroll said...

Oh they're too cute. Next time take Ellie with you...

Rachael said...

I DID step on it. Laurel is going to need real therapy now after I snatched her up and went screaming back to the shallow part of the creek.