Thursday, October 4, 2012

South Cackylacky

Noah, Laurel & Grandat

Love this picture....she's holding on to him b/c she's afraid he'll fall in!

I wish I could sleep like that


Family Resemblance?

Michelle, Nait, Dusie&Grandat,Mike,Martha, Noah & Laurel oh and don't forget AJ (dog)!

The scariest ropes course ever!!! But we did it!

Out of Africa she's not

We had a wonderful trip this past weekend to SC to see Grandat & Dusie. It had been a while since we saw them and it was nice to catch up. I'm sorry NC, but SC has you beat HANDS DOWN in BBQ!! So yummy! While there, we visited the Columbia Zoo. If you are ever in that area don't miss it. Everything is so close and nice and the kids LOVE it. We also did a really scary ropes course (all but the highest level). For some reason it was much scarier than ziplining! Thanks Grandat & Dusie for a great time.

Been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster here the last week. As I put in a previous post, a dear church friend found out she had probably stage 3 lung cancer. The prognosis was not good. However, we are praising God tonight because it is NOT lung cancer but reacurring breast cancer which has a much more straightforward treatment and a much better prognosis! Praising our great God. Please pray also for their son Brian who has found out he most likely has Thyroid Cancer and will have it out in October. On another note, my Aunt has found out that her cancer has spread to her brain. She is undergoing radiation to attempt to shrink it. She did tell me yesterday that "It is well with my soul" but oh so hard to watch!! 
All of this heartache has driven me to the Scriptures and especially the Psalms which are always a comfort to me. 
Psalm 90:10 - "Seventy years are given to us! Some even live to eighty. But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear,and we fly away!"
12:  Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom.

Psalm 112:7  They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them.

Oh that is my prayer!! I do not want to fear what's around the corner for myself and those I love. I want to truly understand how Paul could say "To live is Christ and to die is GAIN!" I'm not there yet, but I want to be. I praise the Lord that He "keeps me from all harm and watches over my life". He keeps watch over me as I come and go, both now and forever." Psalm 121:7-8

He gives and takes away. My heart will CHOOSE to say..... Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

 

No comments: