Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tough Lessons

My sweet souled son had to learn a hard lesson tonite. We returned from our Small group and he pulled 2 things out of his pocket. I could see in his face as soon as he pulled them out and showed them to me that he knew he shouldn't have taken them. I'm not entirely sure he saw it as wrong when he took them which is why the lesson was so tough for him.
Now the funny part is that what he had taken was Daily Bread Bible verses. I asked him why he took them and he said "Because they had good and happy words on them" :) My sweet souled son.
He fell apart. We were so gentle because we knew he was horrified with himself that he had stolen something. He even told me "I did what it said not to do on the wall at church" (a poster in his sunday school class).
Then he had to return them. Yikes! He fell apart again. THANKFULLY he took them from Uncle Jimmy who was so gracious and hugged him and told him he was proud of him and loved him!!
It was such a tough lesson for Noah but a beautiful one that I am so blessed I could teach him. He was so worried that God wouldn't love him anymore and I got to explain forgiveness and grace to him and then help him learn 1John 1:9. We also got silly about how far the east is from the west :)

Shew.... Parenting is hard   heart work! I am so thankful that I can be present to teach my sweet babies these important lessons. Thank you Lord Jesus.

No comments: